Famed NY Observer Editor To Condé Nast Traveller


Famed NY Observer Editor To Condé Nast Traveller

In what’s been all the news in the New York media gossip circles lately, it was confirmed today that former NY Observer editor Peter Kaplan is to join Condé Nast Traveller as creative director.

I can’t say that I ever read this magazine (save for my visits to the eye doctor), but I doubt even someone with his credentials is going to liven up this staid publication. (My distaste for the magazine is probably 90% due to the fact that they don’t publish online, frustrating any attempts to blog their stories, the other 10% is due to the fact that it’s hard to come by even one article that appeals to me — “Hide and Chic: Five Islands For Castaways”; “The Hot List 2009: The Definitive Guide To The Hottest New Hotels In The World”).

The oddest part? It was reported by others that “he said his plans post-Observer would include thinking of a new model for journalism.” Hello, no online presence for your magazine? Maybe he will help shake things up a bit. Word to Condé Nast, be careful, there are plenty of great web-only presences (WorldHum, MatadorTrips, GoNomad, BootsnAll, Jaunted, Kathika, Vagabondish) that a few years from now could make you guys obsolete.


Published on April 30, 2009

social

The Expeditioner Twitter The Expeditioner Facebook The Expeditioner Google+ The Expeditioner YouTube Channel TheExpeditioner Instagram The Expeditioner Flickr Pool

Sign Up For Our Newsletter
 

video guides

most viewed

    Sorry. No data so far.

See #11-100


plan

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO TRAVEL?

book

The Expeditioner's Guide to the World Book


Top 50 Travel Blog TheExpeditioner.com