33 Reasons To Visit India
1) Because rush hour here is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before.
2) And no matter what day it is, you’re likely going to see a parade.
3) Because eating fresh isn’t a lifestyle choice, it’s the norm.
4) And this is what your grocery store looks like.
5) Because the British left behind some amazing buildings . . .
6) . . . and so did the Muslims . . .
7) . . . as well as the Mughals.
8) Because toilets are incredibly simple (it’s what you do when you’re done that’s confusing).
9) Because you may find enlightenment anywhere, even your hotel.
(Bodhi Tree Guest House, Calcutta)
10) Or at the exact spot where the Buddha did.
(Bodhi Tree, Bodhgaya)
11) In India, the only thing that seems to outnumber the people are the number of temples (almost).
12) For many children here, going to school means going to monastery.
13) This is how their day is spent . . .
14) . . . and this is what what their classroom looks like.
15) Here, the real heros are the motorcycles.
16) In India, they know how to put the “mass” in mass transportation.
17) Sometimes it seems like around every corner, you run into a religious ceremony.
18) Some including fire . . .
19) . . . and others involving water.
20) Perfume shopping is done a little differently here.
21) Cows are pretty much everywhere you go . . .
22) . . . and so are dogs (they’re just not loved as much).
23) The River Ganges is a great place to take a bath at the end of the day . . . .
24) . . . as well as in the morning.
25) Because it’s only sunrises like these that can make any sane person get up at 4:30 in the morning.
26) India was home to the 20th century’s most revered person.
27) In India, kids are everywhere, and they love having their picture taken.
28) Even when you’re in the same country, you sometimes feel like you’re in a different world.
29) And prayer flags never get old.
30) Because border crossings are like something out of a movie . . .
(India/Nepal border — Singalila Ridge)
31) . . . and so are the hiking trails.
32) But with views like this in the morning . . .
(Mt. Kangchenjunga, the 3rd-highest mountain in the world)
33) Chances are, you’ll never want to leave.
By Matt Stabile
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matt Stabile is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of TheExpeditioner.com. You can read his writings, watch his travel videos, purchase the book he co-edited or contact him via email at any time at TheExpeditioner.com. (@TheExpeditioner)